Fungal nail infection (onychomycosis [OM]) is a mycotic infection caused by fungal invasion of the nail structure and is one of the most common nail disorders, representing half of the nail abnormalities in adults. Its prevalence in Europe is around 4.3% over all age groups and 15.5% of all nail dystrophies in children. OM is more commonly diagnosed in men and older people, affecting 20–50% of people aged over 60 years. An increased incidence among older people may be attributed to multiple factors, including reduced peripheral circulation, diabetes, inactivity, relative immunosuppression, and reduced nail growth and quality. Toenails are affected more commonly than fingernails.
This article will cover the causes, types, and treatment of OM, practical information to help guide patient consultations and when to refer to podiatry.
What causes toenail fungus?
More than one type of fungi can affect the toenails. Dermatophytes (a type of mold) cause most toenail fungal infections.
Dermatophytes are fungal microorganisms (too tiny to see with the naked eye). They feed off of keratin, a protein found in your fingernails and toenails. Keratin makes nails hard.
Is toenail fungus contagious?
Yes, many types of toenail fungi are quite contagious. An infected person can spread the fungus to someone else through direct contact. You can also get toenail fungus by touching an infected surface.
What are common ways you can get toenail fungus?
Nail fungi like warm, moist, dark places. Many people get toenail fungus by:
- Walking around the perimeters of swimming pools.
- Using a public locker room or shower.
- Walking barefoot in a public area.
Can toenail fungus spread to other areas of the body?
Yes. But toenail fungus usually doesn’t spread beyond the toe.
Some dermatophyte fungi spread easily to the skin. (Your skin and scalp also contain keratin.) When dermatophyte fungi affect the skin, it’s called ringworm.
Toenail fungus may spread to:
- Other toenails.
- Skin between your toes (called athlete’s foot).
- Groin area (called jock itch).
- Scalp (skin on top of your head).
Who is likely to get toenail fungus?
Anyone can get toenail fungus. It often affects older adults, especially people over 60.
You may have a higher risk of getting toenail fungus if you have:
- Athlete’s foot.
- Hyperhidrosis (disorder that makes you sweat a lot).
- Nail injury.
- Poor blood circulation due to peripheral vascular disease.
- Weakened immune system, such as from an autoimmune disorder or HIV.
What does toenail fungus look like?
Toenail fungus can change your toenail’s appearance in more than one way. Your toenail may:
- Change color, looking white, yellow or brown.
- Look chalky or cloudy in some spots.
- Thicken and possibly look misshapen.
- Separate from the nail bed (leaving space between the nail and the skin underneath).
- Crack or break in one or more spots.
Fungus Eliminator Review
Fungus Eliminator is a toenail fungal support formula created by a renowned health company called PureHealth Research. Fungus Eliminator are easy to use and come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. The idea behind developing Fungus Eliminator is that fungal infections are never killed from roots.
That is why they emerge again and cause trouble for a person. This supplement works from inside instead of working on the affected area only. It improves immunity so the risk of fungal infections is reduced drastically. It takes a few weeks to show noticeable results.
>>>>> MUST READ – Fungus Eliminator Customer Scam Alert Review
How does Fungus Eliminator work?
Fungus Eliminator is a supplement that is to be taken with water. Normally, people use topical ointments and creams for toenail fungus. But it only heals the infection from the top and doesn’t kill the deeply penetrated fungal spores.
Fungal infections are stubborn, persistent, and unpleasant that often comes back. That is why using a topical solution isn’t helpful. Fungus Eliminator works from inside and improves the body’s natural response towards these infections. This way it offers complete protection from toenail fungal infection.
Fungus Eliminator Ingredients
Fungus Eliminator was designed utilizing the components which Bangladeshi’s have been around for decades now. These antioxidants and herbs are what keep them strong against the assault of fungal diseases.
- TURMERIC: This component also functions as an anti-inflammatory and protects the immune system.
- BIOPERINE: It is a key ingredient which makes turmeric more energy than real, which may enhance the health of the immune system. What’s more, it’s anti inflammatory, anti inflammatory and anti-obesity.
- Lactobacillus Plantarum — This fixing abounds in anti inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-obesity, anti inflammatory and anti inflammatory properties.
- Lactobacillus Acidophilus — Helps in strengthening the immune system so the body is able to fight against several types of respiratory ailments and other ailments.
Real Customers Reviews About Fungus Eliminator
The customer complaints that we came across, all revolved around the efficacy of the product. Majority of the people who tried Fungus Eliminator said that the supplement didn’t work at all. But the result may vary.
in all – the price of Fungus Eliminator is decent. However, considering its value and ingredients – it’s way too high.
That’s because there are better alternatives within the same price range. That’s why I couldn’t really recommend it.