Skin tags are small, soft, skin-coloured growths on your skin. They can vary in colour and size – from a few millimetres up to 5cm wide.
Skin tags are usually found on the neck, armpits, around the groin, or under the breasts. They can also grow on the eyelids or under the folds of the buttocks.
They can look like warts, but skin tags are usually:
- smooth and soft (warts tend to be rougher with an irregular surface)
- knobbly and hang off the skin (warts are usually slightly raised or flat)
- not contagious (warts spread very easily, so a sudden outbreak or cluster of growths is more likely to be warts)
Skin tags do not usually cause any pain or discomfort.
Skin Tag Causes
It is not clear exactly what causes skin tags, but it may happen when clusters of collagen and blood vessels become trapped inside thicker pieces of skin.
As they are more common in skin creases or folds, they may be mainly caused by skin rubbing against skin.
Some people appear to inherit an increased susceptibility to skin tags.
Skin tags affect people both males and females, but they happen more often during pregnancy, in people who are obese, and in people with diabetes.
They have been associated with hyperinsulinemia, when there is too much insulin circulating in the blood.
Risk factors for skin tags
Skin tags appear to be more common in:
- people who are overweight and obese
- those with diabetes
- women during pregnancy, possibly due to hormonal changes and high levels of growth factors
- those with some types of human papilloma virus (HPV)
- people with a sex-steroid imbalance, especially if there are changes in levels of estrogen and progesterone
- those whose close family members also have skin tags
Studies have found that skin tags are more likely to occur with:
- dyslipidemia, for example, high cholesterol levels
- hypertension, or high blood pressure
They have also been linked to insulin resistance and elevated high-sensitive C-reactive protein, a marker of inflammation.
This suggests that skin tags may offer an external sign of an increased risk of insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome, atherosclerosis and cardiovascular disease.
More rarely, skin tags are rarely associated with:
- Birt-Hogg-Dubé syndrome
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
Birt-Hogg-Dubé (BHD) syndrome is a rare genetic condition characterized by skin tumors, including multiple fibrofolliculomas, trichodiscomas, and acrochordon, or skin tags. Carcinomas, or cancerous tumors, may also develop in the kidneys and colon.
Common Treatment For Skin Tag
As skin tags are usually harmless, removal is normally for aesthetic or cosmetic reasons.
Large skin tags, especially in areas where they may rub against something, such as clothing, jewelry or skin, may be removed due to irritation.
Removing a large skin tag from the face or under the arms can make shaving easier.
You shouldn’t have to live with moles or skin tags you don’t want on your body.
Why do so many people live with moles and skin tags on their bodies?
Well, until now most people believed expensive surgery was their only option. The procedure involves cutting or burning the mole or skin tag off the body. Depending on the size and location of the mole or skin on your body, It’s been described as a very painful procedure.
And as with most surgical procedures, you may up with a scar often worse than the mole or skin tag you had removed. See for yourself below…
The following procedures may be used:
- Cauterization: The skin tag is burned off using electrolysis
- Cryosurgery: The skin tag is frozen off using a probe containing liquid nitrogen
- Ligation: The blood supply to the skin tag is interrupted
- Excision: The tag is cut out with a scalpel
These procedures should only be done by a dermatologist, or specialist skin doctor, or a similarly trained medical professional.
Skin tags on the eyelid, especially those close to the eyelid margin, may have to be removed by an ophthalmologist, or specialist eye doctor.
5 Easy Ways To Remove Skin Tag At Home Safely
Some techniques for removing skin tags at home are more effective and safe than others. There are also plenty of products on the market for this purpose.
1 – Skin Tag Removal Bands and Patches
A skin tag removal band cuts off the supply of blood to the base of the skin tag. Without a supply of blood, the cells die, and the tag falls away. This process is known as ligation.
Removal patches contain medications. If a person leaves a patch on a tag for several days or weeks, the tag may come off.
2 – Removal Creams
These creams can be effective in some cases. You should avoid products that contain salicylic acid and tea tree oil because these ingredients can irritate the skin or cause contact dermatitis.
The instructions for using some of these creams recommend cleaning the skin with an alcohol wipe and filing down the tag before applying the cream to ensure that the skin fully absorbs it.
According to the labeling on some of these products, the skin tag should fall off within 2–3 weeks.
3 – Freezing Kits
In a clinical setting, healthcare professionals use liquid nitrogen to destroy unwanted skin tissue. This is known as cryotherapy.
Cryotherapy may involve temperatures of −320.8°F (-195°C). Benign lesions such as skin tags require temperatures of −4°F to −58°F.
As always, follow the instructions. People may need to apply the product several times before the growth falls away.
When using home freezing kits, avoid letting the spray touch the surrounding skin. Applying petroleum jelly to the area around the tag beforehand can help protect the skin.
4 – Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is an essential oil that may help treat several skin conditions. Anecdotal evidence suggests that it may help get rid of skin tags.
People who try it apply a few drops of the oil to a cotton ball, which they affix to the skin tag with a bandage. They leave the cotton ball on the skin tag for 10 minutes, three times a day. It may take several days or weeks for the tag to fall off.
However, a person should exercise caution, as tea tree oil can irritate sensitive skin. Do not use this oil on tags in the eye area.
5 – Natural Skin Tag Remover Serum
Skincell Pro is one of the best serums to remove skin tags yourself safely at home. Skincell Pro is a highly-concentrated liquid skin serum that helps to remove dead tissues from the skin and skin tags or moles effectively. According to the official website, the serum offers the best, safest, and most painless way to eliminate skin moles and tags overnight. The formula of the serum comprises of natural ingredients such as Native herbal plant and mineral that nourishes and heals the skin naturally.
In a nutshell, it is a skin tag corrector serum. Note that Skincell Pro is a skin serum and unlike moisturizing products, you only need a few drops of it. But what is Skincell Pro made of? Let’s get to know about the ingredients used in it.
How Does Skincell Pro Really Work
Skincell Pro is simple to use and can be used in your own home. You can use it in four steps, which I will describe below.
- Stage 1: Skincell Pro application – Skincell Pro is extremely active and starts to work almost immediately after you apply it to your skin. Skincell Pro is a topically applied serum. Skincell Pro is absorbed by the skin as soon as it is applied to the skin. The active ingredients activate the white blood cells, which then initiate the healing process. Slowly, the white blood cells begin to eat away the skin mark or tag.
- Stage 2: Eight hours after applying Skincell Pro. Stage two of the healing process usually occurs eight hours after the application of Skincell Pro. The skin around the area you applied the serum may become inflamed, and may develop scabs. These signs are not to be worried about. This is a sign that the serum has activated. Stop applying the serum when the scab forms and let the skin heal itself naturally. The serum can heal the skin by itself.
- Stage 3: The Healing Process Begin Nicely The scab should not be removed. Let the natural healing process take place. Apply Skincell Pro Intensive healing cream to the affected area as soon as the scab has gone. This is important to prevent scarring and speed up healing.
- Stage 4: Let the Repair Cream do its full course. Apply Skincell Pro Intensive healing cream to the affected area. Then wait for it to heal. Once the area has healed completely, there will be no sign of the mole or tag.
After the healing process has been completed, the scabs will fall off along with the skin mole and tags. Eight hours is all it takes to heal after an application. According to the claims of the manufacturer, after treatment, the mole will not return.
Skincell Pro Ingredients Review
So what are the ingredients of Skincell Pro serum?
Skincell Pro claims that Skincell Pro ingredients have clinical backing and are natural, high-quality, and natural. Skincell Pro serum has two main active ingredients:
Bloodroot (Sanguinaria canadensis)
Native Americans love bloodroot for its extraordinary potency and remarkable results. Bloodroot is a natural remedy that boosts the production of white blood cells, which can improve immunity and protect skin from sunburns. White blood cells are your body’s true defenders.
They are active in fighting against bacteria, fungi, bacterial, and other diseases. The body is protected from various illnesses by bloodroot’s anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. The body responds positively to bloodroot, which increases its ability for treating skin tags, moles, and birthmarks, as well as spots, moles, and birthmarks.
It is an active ingredient in the treatment of skin blemishes. It can also be used to treat other skin conditions such as eczema and skin fungal infections. Skincell Pro is very active thanks to Zincum Muriaticum. Zincum Muriaticum can treat blemishes, destroy the root cause and flush it out slowly from the body.
It contains two main ingredients, but it also has additional ingredients to enhance it. These ingredients are:
- Aloe vera’s essential to heal moles and take care of skin tags and blemishes. Aloe vera has many skin uses and has been used for decades as an oral and topical product. Clinical evidence supports the use of Aloe vera as a topical treatment to treat skin conditions such as psoriasis and dandruff.
- Acidophilus is a probiotic active in the treatment of skin marks and tags.
- Oat bran. It is a natural moisturizer for the skin. It maintains the skin’s natural glow and flushes away dead skin cells.
- Apple Pectin. It is high in complex sugar, which helps fight the effects of aging on the skin.
- Papaya Leaf Extract Free radicals on the skin are one of the main causes of skin problems like acne, pimples, and freckles. Papaya leaf extract has a very powerful effect on suppressing these free radicals. Papaya leaf extract can help to keep free radicals under control and make your skin look smoother and more healthy.
Skincell Pro Works to Eliminate…
Skincell Pro is a powerful serum made from natural ingredients. With just a few drops applied to a blemish, the serum works to penetrate to the root of a mole or skin tag and triggers a rush of white blood cells to the blemish, which starts the removal and healing. Skincell Pro works to eliminate:
- Skin tags
- Dark moles
- Light moles
- Small warts
- Big warts
What People Are Saying About Skincell Pro
Always use the Official Skincell Pro website to place your order and you will be protected with the 30-day money-back guarantee. Below you can take a look at real customer testimonials about Skincell Pro.
“I was looking for a natural alternative to surgery and came across Skincell Pro and I’m amazed at how it was able to completely eliminate my mole within just a few hours. And no, the mole never came back!” – Mark M.
“I wasn’t really concerned about my mole enough to get surgery, but when I found about this natural product it just seemed so simple and easy so I went for it. Skincell Pro is really an incredible product and I am really glad I tried it because it actually completely removed my mole!” – Molly F.
“I found out about Skincell Pro from a friend who recommended it to me when I mentioned I was considering getting a mole removal procedure done. Man, am I ever glad I tried this before getting the procedure! This product really deserves more recognition, it’s simply amazing!” – Frank W.
Absolutely LOVE Skincell Pro. Had something similar in the past and so glad I purchased these. My fiance had a couple of annoying skin tags and these are effortless, completely painless and super easy to use! I highly recommend these to anyone with annoying skin tag issues! They literally just fall off within a few hours with no mess or problems! Very great quality, clear instructions, fast shipping/receiving.
How to Use Skincell Pro?
Skincell Pro skin serum comes in liquid form. It is packaged in a plastic bottle with a cap that allows you to use the pipette applicator cap to reach specific areas. It can be used repeatedly until your skin is smooth and free of blemishes. This product is very easy to use. Follow the instructions below to get the best results.
- Step 1.Use soap and water to wash the areas you wish to treat. Then, apply Skin cell Pro serum to the affected areas. Allow the serum to sit for a while before gently massaging the area until the serum is absorbed.
- Step 2. The serum can be left on the skin for as long as eight hours. The skin mole may shrink in size after eight hours. You will notice that the skin mole or skin blemishes will naturally disappear after a few days. Your skin will be smooth and flawless.
Benefits of Skincell Pro Serum
It is a dream of all of us to have clear and younger-looking skin. But we are all aware of the difficulties of having clear skin. Skincell pro undoubtedly makes us one more step closer to having clear and blemish-free skin.
It is difficult to get rid of your acne, warts, and moles, and many of us go through expensive and painful treatments to get rid of them. Skincell pro is a permanent and painless solution for such problems.
The main feature of skin cell pro is its unique and natural ingredients that give you the best possible results after 8 hours only. All components are plant-based that are carefully chosen to provide you with a product that is not only effective and reliable but has little or no side effects.
Can be used for forgotten scars
The most challenging scar to remove is the old one, childhood marks, and birthmarks. These scars are not only difficult to remove but are taken as permanent scars. Fortunately, Skincell serum helps you to get rid of these scars permanently after a few days.
No side effects
Skincell pro is a purely natural and organic serum that consists of only plant extracts. This feature makes the serum 100% free of synthetic chemicals and ultimately side effects free.
Most of the skincare products available in the market require a lot of time in understanding the procedure to use those complex products. But in the case of Skincell pro, there is a simple and straightforward way to apply it to your mole. This serum is available with an easy and simple applicator that will make the application process easy and avoid the wastage of the product.
You have to open the bottle and then apply it to the mole or skin tag area, and your work is complete.
Quick, visible results
Some products take several days and weeks to take some action against moles and tags, and after weeks the results are visible. But in the case of Skincell pro, you can see the visible results after 8 hours of application. This factor makes it prominent and money worth in the market.[wptb id="7106" not found ]
6 thoughts on “5 Easy Ways To Remove Skin Tags At Home”
The last picture was taken a month after application. I seriously loved Skincell Pro. There was minor discomfort up to about fifteen minutes after the application, but it worked exactly like it said it would. Make sure to follow and to keep the area dry-I kept mine covered with small bandages.
Skincell pro works great. I had 5 skin tags that were bothering me for a few years. Now they are gone. Thank you for recommeding it!!
I give this product a 5 star rating, I would give it a 10 if I could! I read about many of the products available for Skin Tag Remover and the reviews. I came across this Skincell Pro. It was the only product that I saw with the highest review! I decided after to purchase it. I am exceptionally Happy that I did! The Skincell worked unbelievablely fantastic! I tried it on a skin tag under my arm like the direction said. Within three days the skin tag was totally gone! I highly recommend using this production for Skin Tags!!!
The dermatologist wanted $500 to remove a large tag. This one bottle of skincell pro did the large tag and several others all for a small amount. You will experience some stinging like when the dermatologist freezes spots on the skin.
Would order it again.
I’m amazed at this! No biopsy fees or pathology fees! There is slight burning for a lil bit but tolerable in my opinion. Took a lil over 2 weeks for it to fall off. Please be mindful with your moles and get them checked out buy a dermatologist if your unsure. Personally I have had multiple moles removed and I will only remove what is benign.
I have skin tags on my neck – 2 of which didn’t fall off from a doctors treatment so I did my research and read all the reviews for an OTC solution. Skincell Pro was highly effective. I followed the instructions and you only need the tiniest amount. I put it only on the tag itself and it did have a mild burning sensation that lingered for a bit. I washed off. I did this once for 2 days. They darkened and fell off within 5 days. There was a little redness where the tag was but it’s almost completely unnoticeable now(2 weeks later). Better results than expected. Keep away from children. I would highly recommend.