The keto diet limits a person’s daily carbohydrate intake while increasing the amount of fat. The aim is to encourage the body to burn fat for energy instead of carbohydrates.
This metabolic change puts the body into a state of ketosis. Ketosis occurs when the body starts to break down fat due to a lack of blood sugar circulating the body. The body turns the fat into ketones, which provide it with energy.
It takes about 2–4 days for a person to reach the state of ketosis after starting the diet.
Many people begin the keto diet because they wish to lose weight. However, others use it to help manage certain health conditions, such as diabetes.
Most keto diet plans limit the daily carbohydrate intake to 50 grams (g) or less. They also require people to stick to the following nutrient, based on a daily intake of 2,000 calories:
- 55–60% calories from fat
- 30–35% calories from protein
- 5–10% calories from carbohydrates
So how exactly does ketosis work?
Under normal circumstances, your body fuels itself by converting the food you eat into glucose (from carbohydrates). If you starve yourself of glucose by not eating carbohydrates, the body reacts by searching for a new source of energy to fuel the organs in your body.
Instead of glucose, your body starts to prefer ketone bodies to fuel your body. Ketone bodies are molecules produced from fatty acids in the liver. In other words, your body breaks down the fat you’ve stored in your body and begins to convert the fatty acids in our fat cells into usable ketone bodies.
As you continue to maintain a state of ketosis, your body will continually break down stored fat into ketone bodies to fuel your body. You’ll continue to lose weight as a result and can melt away fat every week simply by maintaining a state of ketosis.
Keto GT is designed to help you enter ketosis faster and reach a deeper state more quickly. This jump-starts your weight loss journey and makes it easier for you to start losing weight from day one, instead of waiting weeks or months to see results.
Ingredients in Keto GT
There are five ingredients in Keto GT, all of which work together to help you to reach your desired weight within weeks. Here are the ingredients in order:
- Beta-hydroxybutyrate (BHB): BHB is an exogenous ketone that is meant to jumpstart the ketosis process. BHB floods the body with ketone bodies so that your body begins to use these ketone bodies instead of glucose to create fuel for your body.
- Magnesium-BHB: Magnesium BHB is another form of BHB that helps elevate your body’s metabolism and keeps it burning all day.
- Calcium-BHB: This form of BHB contains a calcium ion attached to BHB. Recent studies have shown Calcium-BHB can help your body use BHB more effectively.
- MCT Oil: MCT oil is a type of fat that the body can easily digest. Studies have found that MCT oil supplementation can support healthy weight loss in obese adults.
- BioPerine: BioPerine comes from black pepper extract. It enables your body to better absorb the other ingredients found in Keto GT so you can enter ketosis faster.